Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I must be in prepregnancy nesting mode

I did this in October. In October, I scrubbed my house from top to bottom. Dh is gone TDY and it makes it SOOOO much easier for me when I clean the house. I don't know why, it just is. So, I felt a bit better this afternoon. As long as I stay consistent and on top of it with the medicine, I am ok. So I was able to clean Sara's room. Vacumn upstairs and downstairs. Cleaned the bathroom. Cleaned the carpet upstairs (our bedroom, hallway, and Sara's room) and cleaned the living room carpets. Did you know that Hoover's pet carpet shampoo smells GOOD?? I figured if it can clean up after pets, it can clean up after my kiddos.

Still waiting on Kirsten to finish her playroom. What does you are not doing anything till your room is clean mean to you? This means no tv, no computer, no play outside. My mil offered to bake a cake for Kirsten for her birthday. I was going to try and do that tonight too, but not enough time. So I took her up on her offer. She said she was not working anyway and had nothing to do all day. Ummm, ok. If I didn't work, I would have fabulously clean house and tons of flowers in my yard. Speaking of yard, I need to find a way to get rid of the girls swingset without me having to take it apart. It's a metal one. It was a cheapie my mom bought. It was great till the girl next door used it. Kirsten weighs 67lbs now. This girl next door weighed as much as a full size adult. Since it wasn't the best. She damaged it. Well it went downhill from there. So I just want to get rid of it and use that space in the yard. Maybe I'll wait till I get pregnant and my fil will take it apart for me. :) I also have a two person swing that needs to go. I want to replace it with a three seater so I can lay on it this summer or have the girls on it with me. I need to put up the fence in the back yard. There is a chain link across the back. The back neighbor has weeds that keep coming into my yard. She has a bulldog that scares the crap out of the girls. We took the 2 board fence down last summer. So we are going to put up a wood privacy fence ASAP. I am apprehensive about doing it myself because I will probably be pregnant, but if I say something to my fil, he would snag my bil and they would help do it. It is only 5 lengths. So it's not like it would be a huge ordeal. We could have it all up in a couple of hours. I have decided to wait on remodeling the bathroom. That will be after the next baby is born.

Then some very sad news. An acquaintance/friend of mine lost his 3 day old baby yesterday. I have been so busy, so I don't know the exact story. I saw the obit in the paper. They are some of the nicest people I know. They need so many prayers right now. Apparently something was wrong with the baby and she was not expected to live. The obit said she fought to meet her parents and see her home. Their hearts must be absolutely broken into a million little pieces. I remember those first days all to well because it is still so fresh for me. I hate it when bad things happen to such good people. It's not fair that the ones that don't take care of themselves, do crack, kill their babies get to have theirs. Those of us that do everything that was right, lose ours. So keep them in your thoughts. They had a picture of her in the paper. That baby was absolutely breathtaking. Reminded me of a saying I once heard, too beautiful for this earth.

Oh and tomorrow, send me some positive thoughts. I still avoid large crowds, gatherings, restaraunts, etc. I have to run a conference talking with various contractors tomorrow for half the day. I am NOT happy about that.

No comments: