Monday, March 17, 2008

Can someone please explain this to me?

For all of my babies, I have waited ttc until I had A) good insurance (never has been a problem) B) could afford them C) had paid leave to take off during and after pregnancy.

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why three people that I know have purposely gotten pregnant in the last two months when they did not have insurance, couldn't afford them, or did not have leave? Honestly, I don't get it. Why is it that I lost my baby, when I met the above and these three people still have theirs? I am not begrudging them. I hope they have healthy and happy pregnancies. It just doesn't seem fair. I mean if you have bill collectors threatening to SUE you, wouldn't you think I should take care of this little problem first. OMG, what about health insurance. I could NEVER imagine intentionally trying to have a baby without insurance. Just my perinatologist's visits alone run $500 + and that is the discounted rate that insurance pays. The blood work (course I have extra because of pe), the USs, the dr visits. I don't get it. No, this person is not rich or independently wealthy.

Drives me crazy!

No comments: