Thursday, May 22, 2008

kAn Update of Sorts...

Well I think I know where AF is. No, I am not pregnant as much as I would LOVE to be. However, I discovered that I was ovulating today. Since AF was nowhere to be found and since April, I have been testing with hpts and opks. All negative except for a surge that happened 5/1. I think what I thought was ovulation was actually my body gearing up to O and not following through. My temps stayed flat for three days afterwards. I got frustrated and quit temping.

I kept noticing a lot of eggwhite cm this week. I was quite confused when my temps took a nosedive two days ago. Since I am a pee on a stick aholic, I noticed a surge starting 2 days ago on the opk. Sure enough, I got a positive yesterday morning. So DH and I dtd Tuesday night. Then he went out of town at 1am yesterday morning. My positive was at 5am. So I called him and told him to hurry his butt home today. Well I guess God had plans for us. Cause I promptly came down with a raging case of Strep Throat!!! So I ended up coming home early to see the PA at my pcp's office. As a side note, Dr. L had a healthy baby boy on 5/24. He weighed 6lbs 7ozs and had a HEAD FULL OF BLOND HAIR. My doc and her dh have very dark hair, so THAT is interesting. Anyway. Saw the PA and my left tonsil is enormously swollen and covered in pus. Lovely. My rapid strep test came back positive immediately. I didn't have symptoms until Tuesday night!!! I started running a fever Tuesday night. Even with Tylenol every 4 hours for pain and fever, I was still running a fever. The PA faxed my rx to the pharmacy. As a funny note, the nurse asked me how the TTC thing was going right now. I told her well we lost the last one at 5 weeks last month. However, I am Oing TODAY. So when she came back in the exam room to say that I definitely had strep (this was after she nearly gagged me to death), she said no kissing the dh today and tonight. I told her I didn't need to kiss dh to make a baby. The poor PA was like WHAT?? Apparently, the girls havn't indoctrinated her yet in our crassness. LMAO. So, I went home to sleep for a few hours.

The PA wanted to give me something for pain. However, motrin is out due to trying to get preggo. She was going to prescribe Tylenol 3. However, I told her I had the l.o.r.t.a.b. script at home already and that was approved as a painkiller by my ob. She said to take that instead cause it had the tylenol component. I was surprised that she wanted to prescribe something that strong. Too bad about the motrin cause I broke down to take it this morning and it worked FABULOUSLY.

Guess who was home when I got home?? DH was. So we dtd and hopefully caught an eggie. He raced home 10 hours just so we could catch the egg. How sweet. He was doing it more for me this time with ttc. However, now he is completely on board with it.... YEAH...

So we will probably dtd tomorrow morning and night just to cover our bases. FF has thrown out today's temp due to fever. So I have no idea what my cover is. I am guessing 97.77 because that is the average of the 3 temps plus .01. It was 97.75 in March. So keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer for us. Oh and I think I released the egg around 330 or 4. I had a horrible pain on the right side reminiscent of O pain. It lasted for a few minutes then was gone.

I am hoping that being sick my immune system is lower and will easily allow that eggie to be caught. I just realized with Kirsten, Sara , and Peyton I was sick each time they were conceived. With Kirsten, it was strep. With Sara, it was bronchitis. With Peyton, a severe sinus infection. So maybe that's just what we need. A lower immune system.

And last, please keep a girl from my June Babies board in your prayers. She found out yesterday that she lost her baby. She was 15 weeks 4 days and the baby measured 13 weeks 4 days. She is going through with a D&C tomorrow. I have tried to help her as going through it myself and hope I have been able to help her. She is understandably devestated. I hate seeing someone else go through what I went through.

Here's a poem someone posted on my loss board that I just love:

A Different Child Poem by Pandora MacMillian
People notice
There’s a special glow around you.
You grow Surrounded by love,
Never doubting you are wanted;
Only look at the pride and joy
In your mother and father’s eyes.
And if sometimes Between the smiles
There’s a trace of tears,
One day You’ll understand.
You’ll understand
There was once another child
A different child
Who was in their hopes and dreams.
That child will never outgrow the baby clothes
That child will never keep them up at night
In fact, that child will never be any trouble at all.
Except sometimes, in a silent moment,
When mother and father miss so much
That different child.
May hope and love wrap you warmly
And may you learn the lesson forever
How infinitely precious
How infinitely fragile
Is this life on earth.
One day, as a young man or woman
You may see another mother’s tears
Another father’s silent grief
Then you, and you alone
Will understand
And offer the greatest comfort.
When all hope seems lost,
You will tell them
With great compassion,
“I know how you feel.
I’m only here
Because my mother tried again.”

No comments: