Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Exhausted

OMG I am so tired. I was a lazy mazy yesterday and pretty much spent the whole day on the couch. I wasn't sick or anything, just tired. Same thing today. It's that bone tired exhaustion you get when pregnant. It's happening at the same DPO as it did with Peyton. I also "think" my boobs are feeling fuller and sore. I am trying so hard not to get my hopes up. However, it seems like everyone I know is getting pregnant. FOUR girls in my group on the loss board have gotten BFPs since Friday! Another girl that lost her babies the same day as me, yep, she is pregnant too! SO it only seems fair that my time is coming right? Did I mention that when I went to buy OPKS and pregnancy tests, they were out of stock of first response hpts and Answer OPKs strips. Is EVERYONE in town trying to get pregnant right now???

We lived in Belgium for almost three years and there is a legend there. There are brass monkey statues all over the city of Mons where we lived. The legend is that if you rub the monkey's head and make a wish, you will get pregnant. All I can say is that I rubbed the monkey's head with Kirsten and Sara and it worked and they stuck. I did not rub the monkey's head with Peyton and he didn't stick. I know of a woman that had been going through infertility for 10 years. She rubbed the monkey's head and boom she was pregnant a month later. She went on to deliver a healthy baby girl. She was there miracle baby. So when we left Belgium, dh's unit gave him a monkey on a plaque. I have been rubbing that monkey's head ever since I remembered the legend last week. I know how sad, but every bit works right.

I also disregarded the aspirin theory in recurrent miscarriage. Turns out that in the big IVF clinics, they don't even use it anymore. In a study they did, 41% without aspirin got pregnant. 29% with aspirin got pregnant. That 11% was a big enough difference to stop taking it. I will go back to taking it again at 6 weeks like I did with Sara.

So cross all your crossables for me!

No comments: