Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Urology Appointment

Let me just start by saying that I was NOT a freaking happy camper this morning and I totally got the rug pulled out from under me. So I had consulted a friend or two on what would happen at this type of appt. They all said, oh you will go talk to the doc. He'll review the renal USs. You'll pee in a cup. Well all of that happened. However, my urine showed a raging infection of a UTI. He said it was full of pus and blood. WTF. He said when he talked with the ER dr on Sunday, my urine was clean. Today, BAD BAD URINE. So I had the pleasure of having a catherized clean urine catch to figure out what the heck is causing these infections. The nurse said it would not hurt and would feel like pressure. SHE WAS WRONG. IT HURT LIKE HELL. OMG. That sucked a big one.

Then afterwards they both told me it hurt because I had a bad infection. Yeah, you think? I didn't have problems with burning and pain peeing before I was in the office, but I sure have since. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. He also suggested surgery to remove the stone. He looked at the USs. The one at the end of April showed a stone in the lower ureter and in the kidney. The US from Sunday showed no stone in the kidney, but the right ureter is dialated. He said that it showed the stone was on the move and in the ureter. He said he could go in and get it. However, anesthesia presents a miscarriage risk (a risk I am unwilling to take and quite frankly, I am SICK of surgery). I really think if I were not pregnant, he would have had my butt in the OR. I have a lot to discuss with my ob. I really don't want surgery, but what if it stays there???? So if I had to get surgery, I want to know how the baby will be monitored and if my ob will be scrubbing in. So I am really worried about it. I have heard kidney stone surgery SUCKS.

So what did happen? I left with a script for Macrobid to be started IMMEDIATELY. That day he said. So I started the script. I shall have nice pretty yellow fluorescent pee for my ob tomorrow. I left with a bunch of paperwork. I have a refill on the Macrobid to keep on hand at home to start as soon as I show signs of infection. I am to keep peeing on a stick to check for blood and leukocytes. I go back in 2 weeks. Lovely. He better not do another damn catheter thing. Can you tell I still am upset about that? I had to take pain medication afterwards all day. I didn't want to! He did offer pain medication, but I told him I just will get it through my pcp.

Saw my chiropractor tonight. Thank God my case is almost settled. I can have them paid off.
I go back in 3 weeks for that.

So I guess I have a lot to discuss with my ob tomorrow. I am worried he is going to want to see me naked to to check my cervix. I swear, I am going to start going to dr appts wearing a robe. That way I can drop it when needed.

DH is getting ready to leave for 6-7 weeks. How can I take it easy when he is going to be gone. I am going to be running after a 3 year old. She exhausts me. I have taken to coming home from work and CRASHING on the couch. So exhausted. Drs have me on pelvic rest (um yeah like that was going to happen) and taking it easy. Dh and Kirsten have been helping. I have not been carrying loads of laundry upstairs. Sara is not getting picked up as much. well, I have had to let my house go and learn to live with mess. I think in the next couple of months, we are going to have to hire some help to help us with the house. I can't do it and it will be too much for dh.

I get worried by the lack of symptoms. The sore boobs comes and goes. The exhaustion is always there. I have heartburn that is worse some days than others. Thankfully, no nausea and no vomiting. WHOO HOO. Food is a friend and not a foe.

Good news is my bp is looking fantastic. Only bad readings were taken in Dr. E's office and once right after work.

No comments: