Saturday, August 16, 2008

Even more good news

I got the results of my NT scan today in the mail. They were: 1 in 6361 for Downs and 1 in 11621 for Trisomy 13 & 18. These results are even better than an 18 year old. So not bad for this 34 year old AMA momma! It's amazing, at first I was sure sure sure I was going to lose this baby because my progesterone was so low. Then this baby's HCG took off after progesterone supplementation and we got a heartbeat. Then the fear of was I only prolonging the inevitable came on. I was worried sick something was wrong with the baby. Nope, so far everything is excellent. I can hardly believe it. The baby's heartbeat is getting easier to get now. This one is an active little bugger because I never get it for more than a couple of minutes. I thought with all the blessings that I have had lately that instead of selling the doppler on ebay, I want to do something else. I want to give another mom the same gift that I have had with the doppler. I'm going to ask my ob if they could keep it specifically for moms that have had a loss in the 2nd or 3rd trimester and lend it out. I'm not sure if it is possible for them to do it because they are so busy. However, if they can't do it. Then I am going to do it on my loss board. Lend it to another mom and have that mom pass it on. That's the rule. When you deliver or don't use it anymore in pregnancy, promptly pass it on to another mom.

I am starting to feel movement. So different than last time. I still have dreams of seeing our baby still (Peyton). However, they are made easier with this little one. You don't forget the one you lost. They are always with you. I don't forget that if we hadn't of lost Peyton, we wouldn't of had this new one. This one is so active where Peyton was not moving. I am worried about the low progesterone causing premature labor. I am going to talk to my ob and peri about it. I decreased my dosage of progesterone from 2 a day to 1 a day. So far no problems. I am terrified of going totally off of it at 16 weeks (actually it will be 16 weeks 6 days seeing that is my next appt). It's become my security blanket. It's going to get yanked away. Now I don't enjoy shoving pills up the vajay jay. I know as long as I do it, it helps the pregnancy. You can't have too much progesterone.

Oh and my settlement came through. What a GREAT feeling to pay everything off. I accidently overestimated what we owed on stuff. I had some stuff 2 and 3 times (pregnant brain here). I was like whoo hoo that I had way more than I thought. I paid my penneys and fashion bug cards in person. Can't wait to pull my credit scores for the next couple of months.

Still NOTHING in the housing front. Why is it so hard to get what we want? 4 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath +, garage, big back yard (hopefully fenced in but not required), updated. You would be amazed but NOTHING is out there from 125k on up. Even houses listed for $369k (way way out of our price range) need work. What the hell is up with that? I mean seriously, if the house is listed as 369k, it better be brand spanking new and not need a thing!

The girls are getting excited about going home. Sara has never been to the beach. She keeps asking if she can build a sandcastle and stuff. What a cutie patootie.

No comments: