Friday, June 1, 2007

Onto My Second Lap

Ok, so now I have 2 ER drs, 1 pcp, and finally my obgyn agreeing that another looksie is in the plans. I saw my obgyn today. He says he doesn't think it was an ovarian cyst. Not sure of what is going on with me. It could be adhesions again because the lower incision from last year is driving me CRAZY. Along with that lower right pelvic pain, is the most irritating pinching, tugging, feeling at times like it is going to rip open sensation for that little teeny tiny incision. I KNOW that is adhered to something. But no one knows why for sure what is going on. The only way to find out is to go and "eyeball" it as my ob says. He totally agreed with absolutely no hesitation that I needed another lap. I know it is needed. If I didn't get it from him, I would have gone elsewhere to get relief. But it still doesn't make it any better. I still have all of the same old fears. He did say today that if he didn't find anything he may refer me to a general surgeon for a hernia eval or or a bowel something or other. He asked me if anyone said anything about the bowel. Ummm, nope. They all said ovarian cyst rupture but couldn't be confirmed because the US wasn't done until 11 days after the pain started. Ladies if you have this pain, get in and get it confirmed before the fluid absorbs in the body.

Anyone in the family with Crohn's disease. Um don't know exactly what that is but no. We have a history of preeclampsia and heart disease. Funny that every woman in my immediate family has had PE at term and mild (except my sis, she was anemic and went 5 days late!). Me- I got it bad, not once but twice. Lucky me! Oh and we also have diabetes and I am fortunate that my blood sugar has been good to go everytime it was checked. yeah for something right??? I also inherited all of the family women problems too. I remember my mom saying when I was a teen that her periods were light and lasted a day. Even as a teen, I remember thinking A DAY???? UGGGH, mine ALWAYS were heavy, cramping, and lasted at least a week. WTH??? My sister, well that lucky girl hasn't had one since my niece was born 3 years ago. Ok maybe one, but in her words, it wasn't that big of a deal. See I got it all folks. Lucky me.

So we scheduled the big day for 7/3. Had the mean nurse schedule it too. I don't know if there was some talking done or what. But accomodations were made to fit my schedule. Doc's schedule for the first week of July was full for his usual Mondays. So the nurse offered me 1pm on 7/3, Tuesday. My doc doesn't usually do surgery on Tuesdays. I was elated that I was able to still get in. With DH being gone from mid July on and June being swamped. I really wanted to be able to do this the first week of July. If it has to be done, I want to go and get it done and over with. Find out what is wrong and get on with my life. I was so happy when the lap worked last time and now this. This has been pretty disapppointing. You start to get everything back and bam. It gets taken away from you again.

Well here's hoping that this lap works. If it doesn't, after I get pregnant, my parts are a coming out. If I don't have any parts, then there won't be anything left to get stuck to each other. For now, I am sticking to the painkillers for the next month. I guess I am going to call my pcp and ask her for a refill soon. Not enough to get through to surgery. I thought about asking my ob, but he is kind of stingy with that stuff. Like I said mean nurse treats me as if I was a drug addict and a faker. She was beat red today as she had to schedule my surgery. It was pretty awkward as she told me I should just see my pcp and see what she says. hmph. She did go out of her way to accomodate me for the preop appts and everything today though. My pcp said call her anytime and has asked me several times if I needed refills. I have told her no several times, but that was before I discovered that dh LOST my rx's from the weekend. wonderful. I could beat him with a stick for that. That's it for now. At least I will get visualization of my tubes again. Make sure they are clear. Then we will be even more ready ttc in a few months. They say the first few months after a lap is the best time. Maybe this is God's will or something that means we were meant to do this. Send lots of prayers and postive thoughts my way please. I can use them.

No comments: