Friday, August 3, 2007

So you are one of those are you????

I didn't expect to be back in my obgyn's office again until December, except again fate stepped in. As usual something needed to be checked out. I had a lap on 7/3 and have noticed since Day 2 a white unusually strong string. Was it a suture? Was it skin? So I of course tugged on it with tweezers. No dice. And it hurt. So then I tried cutting it, but was afraid of cutting myself. I tried pulling it and cutting it, it didn't. I hemmed and hawed about calling and everyone said CALL. So I broke down and did. Got the nurse that has been mean to me in the past. However she was extremely nice to me. Maybe I just need to pour on the honey more with her. She said dear you need to have Dr. E look at it. Uggggh.

So she got me in this afternoon. I worried about how he was going to get this suture out. The nurse came and got me and the promptly WEIGHED me. I was pretty unhappy about that. I thought they were just taking out a suture. Then the dreaded bp cuff came in with her! I really hate that cuff. Seeing I had just been running around my house like a crazy person looking for keys, I knew it would be a bit elevated. Hmmm, time for me to grab M from Dr. L's office to come and take my bp. She gets beautiful readings. She couldn't get a reading!!! She said you have the worst bp to hear. It is very faint. I said if you think it is faint now, you should been here when I was pregnant with S. But that's ok well have all kinds of fun with it in the fall when I get pregnant again. She looked at me and said "So you are one of those people are you?" I proudly said yes instead of being miserably ashamed of my bp. You see I didn't cause it to go up. I exercise. I am overweight but I had normal bp when I weighed 60lbs more. So weight is not the problem. I take my medicine every day. So YES, I am one of THOSE people. Fun we will have. She said oh really. I said yes. She said did you have problems when you were pregnant? Ummm yeah, you can say that, the nurses ran scared because of my bp. I wonder if they had anyone like me since, lol. I told her I had severe pe with the first and severe pih with the second. Oh. But we'll have fun! She mentioned that they had had several moms that had pe and pih that they just got delivered. She said they got them all delivered in the last week and said when all delivered safely that there was a collective WHEW from the staff. She eventually went out but said your bp is hard to hear it is so faint on the bottom number. I told her wait till I get pregnant, lol.

Then my ob came in and I could hear him reading my chart outside. Suture problem??? Hmmmm. He comes in and says my name. Asks how I am doing? I ask him how he is doing? He has me get up on the exam table and looks at my belly button incison. I say do you see it? He said yeah, it's a suture. I am going to pull on it and snip it out. Ummm, owww. So he goes and asks the nurse for some forceps and scissors (did you know that those are disposable??). I ask him do you have freezy spray cause this is going to hurt. He says no freezy spray like Dr. L. He grabs a hold of the suture and says does this hurt, ummm yeah. He pulls hard for a minute and snips. Oh and he tells me not to look at it. I closed my eyes when he did that. Why did he tell me not to look? He asked about the other incision, it's all good doc. He says ok. I'm sorry you had to come in (he actually felt bad that he didn't do a better job. Honestly the thought never crossed my mind. Stuff happens!). I wasn't mad, I was just worried about making a big deal about nothing. Plus I got to work from home to make up the hour I lost. So not so bad. I didn't lose anything by coming in. To tell the truth that suture was annoying the crap out of me. He did say he was taking it out so it wouldn't annoy me, so I think the nurse put that patient says suture is annoying the heck out of her. As for appts, come in as needed. So I hopefully won't be back in till I get a positive test, see ya in December doc (crossing fingers and legs!!!).

I asked about my out of network referral. My insurance has not had it submitted yet. He said he will double check with C. So I am going to start harassing her to get it. Oh and I get to do a baseline 24 hour urine next month plus bloodtests. I get to see Dr. L for her to switch my bp meds. JOY JOY. OH MY GOD, 3 months to go......

No comments: